Our Veterinary Hospital is looking to grow our team. We are currently looking for an Veterinary Technician who is outgoing, friendly and has a personality suited for the demands of a growing Veterinary Practice. One of the most important parts of our clinic is our culture. Our employees and their skills are just as important as the being a good fit for our work environment. Although experience is preferred, it is more important to our team to find the RIGHT fit culturally. We want to find someone who shares our same goals and values, someone who is friendly, compassionate, dependable, and truly wants to make a difference.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Veterinary Technician supports hospital operations by providing dedicated quality veterinary care and exceptional service to our patients and clients. You will assist in providing patient care, conducting examinations, assisting during surgery, provide nursing care, and maintaining patient medical records.
- Determine animal requirements by conducting examinations and interviews, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering medications, drugs, and vaccines, and bandaging and wrapping wounds.
- Support patient examinations and operations by assembling required supplies and instruments, securing and bringing patients to examination rooms, and restraining patients.
- Fill prescriptions and administer medications, including proper documentation, logging and security of controlled drugs.
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by following documented standards and procedures in compliance with applicable legal regulations.
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients conditions, reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate and follow correct procedures in catheter placement, phlebotomy, emergency medicine, and digital radiology.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education, and/or experience.
- Two or more years of experience with veterinary appointments performing above duties.
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT), Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT), Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), or the Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician (LVMT) preferred.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires a lot of lifting (up to 40 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Typical schedule consist of 10 hours a day 4 days a week, No Weekends.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Non-Credentialed Veterinary Technician
Established in 1979, West Kentucky Veterinary Hospital is a full service, veterinary hospital. We strive to provide the highest standards in veterinary medicine by utilizing the latest and most up-to-date care and diagnostics for our patients. Our team is committed to maintaining a compassionate, welcoming environment for our clients and patients.
- Shift availability: Monday - Friday
- Clinic hours: 7:30am - 5:30pm
- Flexibility to work beyond scheduled hours if necessary
- Overtime available
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Pet Discount
Resume's may be submitted in person or by email at email@example.com